Originally known as The Home for Aged Jews, Nightingale has a 170 year history, originating in the East End of London.
In 1908, the Home moved into its current site in Clapham, South London, following a gift of the building and grounds by Lord Wandsworth, the Viscount de Stern.
In 2008, Nightingale celebrated the centenary of its current site, which has been greatly improved over the years and currently has an extensive development programme underway.
Nightingale House and Hammerson House have recently merged to form "Nightingale Hammerson",
Picture of Ferndale - the original home
View across the gardens in 1907